In this day and age, practically everyone has a smart phone or some way to access one of the millions of applications promised to make our lives easier or give us entertainment. So, why not use one of these apps to improve your training or keep track of your diet? Here’s a list of the Top 8diet and fitness appswe feel could be beneficial for your workout or nutrition.
- RunKeeper – allows you to see detailed stats in regard to your pace, distance, calories count, heart rate and time. It also provides your progress and some coaching during your run. FREE
- My Fitness Pal – set goals, keep track of your calories intake and workouts. FREE
- Cyclemeter – allows you to see and recordcycling/running workouts and hear their various times, speeds, distances and elevations. $4.99
- Fitocracy – allows users to interact with each other and creates a fun gaming environment by motivating them to beat every stage of their weight loss goal. FREE
- Strava – keep track of your cycling/running workouts and keep your friends updated on how well you did. Allows you to see stats on your run/ride’s distance, heart rate, elevation gain and power and compare against your friends. FREE
- TrainingPeaks – Assists users with keeping track of their meals and workouts. Users can upload data from various devices (Timex, Garmin, etc.). Once your information is uploaded you can view your workouts in almost any way that comes to mind! FREE
- MyPlate Livestrong Calorie Tracker – allows users to keep track of carbohydrate, protein, fat and caloric intake. Set daily goals and watch your progress as you lose weight or maintain a clean diet. $2.99
- Calorie Counter & Diet Tracker by MyFitnessPal – allows users to log all of their daily meals and snacks with ease. This app claims to have a large food database (including fast food) and also allows users to record their workouts. FREE
Do you have any apps that you didn’t see, but love? Leave a comment on our Facebook or send us a tweet!