If you’ve been racing in triathlons for a while and you’re looking to take your competition to the next level, maybe it’s time to think about becoming an elite level triathlete? If you have the ability, it’s not difficult to get your training to the next level. All that’s necessary is the right mindset and you’re willing to put in the hard work. Here are five key elements from Active.com that will get you on the road to becoming an elite triathlete:
1) Recovery: There’s a big difference between elite triathletes and recreational triathletes, it’s their recovery period. Recovery is one of the most important things you can do for your body. Maximize your recovery time by consuming the proper post-workout fuel. A diet high in protein will help muscles recover faster from a grueling workout. The EnduroPacks daily system offers an effective recovery system for any level of endurance athlete with its post-workout recovery components, its transdermal amino acid patch, and L-glutamine complex.
2) Follow a Plan: A structured training plan is important because it keeps you focused and on track. According to Active.com, “You need to write out when it’s fine to work really hard and when it’s necessary to rest. Without the proper rest, you can’t work as hard as you need to,”
3) Work With a Coach: To help stay on track, it’s a good idea to find a coach. Working with a coach will help you determine your goals, critique your technique and push you to the next level.
4) Diet and Nutrition: Diet and nutrition are extremely important in efforts to help improve your performance. You should be sure to
5) Travel: Travel is a major stressor on the body. Give yourself plenty of time to recover from jetlag. It’s a good idea to give yourself a couple of days to adjust and recover from traveling. You should try to make yourself as comfortable as possible when you’re on the road. Pack food you normally eat, bring your own pillow, etc.